This super-easy dessert features sweet blueberries with a brown sugar, almond and oat crumbly topping that only gets better with the cool creaminess of vanilla ice cream. “Try it with other fruit, such as peaches, for a different variety,” suggests Elizabeth Tomlinson of Morgantown, West Virginia
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, almonds and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Crumble in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p19
Reviews for Blueberry Crumble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review