- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly. Press 3 cups into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the preserves, blueberries and lemon juice. Spread over crust. Stir pecans and cinnamon into remaining crumb mixture. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Crumb Bars
Sort By :
Truly delicious & comforting! I added some almond extract to the crumb mixture & it came out just lovely:) Thank you so much for sharing this, it will be added to my recipe library!
I would like to know the nutrition counts on this recipe? Does anyone have it?
I love recipes like this! Versatile and foolproof. I don't usually change a recipe when trying for the first time; and I am one to save it until I go to the store to buy the called-for ingredients, but, this time, I had just come home from the store and really wanted to try this recipe. Sooooo, I made do with what I had on hand.....white cake mix, cherry preserves and frozen cherries. Added a splash of Chambord (felt so creative!) and it was wonderful! Thanks so much for inspiring me!
Wonderful! My family loved this recipe....and I followed it exactly as directed.
I bet this would be good too with apricot jam and apricots..but It's good as it is too :)
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >