- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly. Press 3 cups into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine preserves, blueberries and lemon juice. Spread over crust. Stir pecans and cinnamon into remaining crumb mixture. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Crumb Bars
"Very easy to make. Everyone loved it!"
"I loved this not only because it was simple and delicious and my family loved it but also because I had all of the ingredients on hand!! This is a keeper at my house!"
"Loved this, it was delicious, sweet and easy! That's my kind of recipe!"
"This was very quick and easy to put together. I confess I used more berries, only cause I had them on hand-and put this in a 7x11 pan because of it. It was very nice, and a keeper. I liked the crisp texture of the crumb topping, and the base stayed crisp also."
"Truly delicious & comforting! I added some almond extract to the crumb mixture & it came out just lovely:) Thank you so much for sharing this, it will be added to my recipe library!"