Blueberry Crisp Recipe
In Marion, Michigan, Betty Geiger takes advantage of frozen blueberries to make this fruity crisp with a sweet golden topping. A dollop of vanilla yogurt adds to its homemade taste.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. Place the blueberries in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons flour. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- 2. For topping, combine yogurt, vanilla and sweetener; serve with the crisp. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC