In Marion, Michigan, Betty Geiger takes advantage of frozen blueberries to make this fruity crisp with a sweet golden topping. A dollop of vanilla yogurt adds to its homemade taste.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- Place the blueberries in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons flour. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- For topping, combine yogurt, vanilla and sweetener; serve with the crisp. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Crisp in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p38
Reviews for Blueberry Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review