- Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Gradually whisk half into egg yolks;
- return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into crust; sprinkle
- with confectioners' sugar. Chill 30 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, crush 2 cups of blueberries in a medium saucepan; bring to
- a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Press berries through
- sieve; set aside 1 cup juice (add water if necessary). Discard pulp.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in
- blueberry juice; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring
- constantly. Remove from heat; cool 15 minutes. Gently stir in
- remaining berries; carefully spoon over filling. Chill 3 hours or
- until set. Store pie in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 420 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.