Blueberry Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 40 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 5 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine the first four ingredients; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Cool.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt. Gradually whisk in cream; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Gradually whisk half into egg yolks; return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into crust; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Chill 30 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, crush 2 cups of blueberries in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Press berries through sieve; set aside 1 cup juice (add water if necessary). Discard pulp.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in blueberry juice; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool 15 minutes. Gently stir in remaining berries; carefully spoon over filling. Chill 3 hours or until set. Store pie in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Cream Pie(4)
Sort By :
It's on our table every Christmas - worth all the effort
I've made this pie ever since it came out in Taste of Home. My whole family loves this pie. It is well worth the effort it takes to make it.
So good! It's a very time-consuming recipe, but if you've got the time, it's well worth it.
My family loved this. It was just the right combination with the custard and blueberries...they offset each other perfectly. I did use frozen Berries instead of fresh. Still perfect.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >