Blueberry Cream Nut Roll Recipe
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/3 cups ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Additional confectioners' sugar and blueberries
- 1. Place egg whites in small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, baking powder and cinnamon; fold into yolk mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into nut mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla; set aside 1/2 cup for garnish. Unroll cake; spread with remaining filling. Sprinkle with blueberries. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar; garnish with blueberries and reserved whipped topping. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 233 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Cream Nut Roll
"I loved this. I've passed this recipe on to several friends."
"My mom absolutely loves this delicious nut roll. Great for blueberry season. Well worth the extra effort!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.