Blueberry Cream Nut Roll Recipe
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/3 cups ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Additional confectioners' sugar and blueberries
- Place egg whites in small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, baking powder and cinnamon; fold into yolk mixture.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into nut mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla; set aside 1/2 cup for garnish. Unroll cake; spread with remaining filling. Sprinkle with blueberries. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar; garnish with blueberries and reserved whipped topping. Yield: 10-12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Blueberry Cream Nut Roll
Sort By :
I loved this. I've passed this recipe on to several friends.
My mom absolutely loves this delicious nut roll. Great for blueberry season. Well worth the extra effort!