Blueberry Cream Muffins
When most people think of Maine, they immediately think of lobster. But we who live here know of something equally as good: wild blueberries. Their flavor is unmatched, and they're especially great in muffins.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar. While beating, slowly pour
- in oil; add vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with
- the sour cream to the egg mixture. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon
- into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Yield: 24
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.