Blueberry Cream-Filled Muffins Recipe
"I combined two recipes to create these delicious berry muffins," says Shari Zimmerman of Orfordville, Wisconsin. "The creamy filling makes them a real delight for breakfast or a snack."
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon about 2 round tablespoonfuls into greased muffin cups.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt; place about 1 tablespoon in the center of each muffin cup (do not spread). Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC