"I combined two recipes to create these delicious berry muffins," says Shari Zimmerman of Orfordville, Wisconsin. "The creamy filling makes them a real delight for breakfast or a snack."
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon about 2 round tablespoonfuls into greased muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt; place about 1 tablespoon in the center of each muffin cup (do not spread). Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Blueberry Cream Muffins in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p64
Reviews for Blueberry Cream-Filled Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review