Blueberry Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) blueberry yogurt
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and yogurt; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and sour cream mixture until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Chill until partially set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and remaining sugar; set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 8-in. square dish; set aside.
- Stir blueberries into gelatin mixture; fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Chill until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Cream Dessert(3)
Sort By :
Really like the taste of this dessert and especially how easy it was to make; being I'm really not into baking :)
We both loved this dessert. It's so light, and the flavor of the fresh blueberries is enhanced by the not-too-sweet cream. It's also nice that you don't have to bake it, especially when it's 90+ degrees outside.
I loved this dessert; however, I would use half the graham cracker crust ingredients for the bottom, and I would bake it for 10 or 15 minutes. Also, blueberries are so expensive right now, so I used frozen blueberries and drained them well.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >