Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish
I love cream cheese and blueberries so I tweaked one of my grandmother's recipes to come up with this danish. It's a quick and easy crowd-pleaser, especially for breakfast or brunch. —Nicole Wheeler, Millen, Georgia
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk until
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Press
- onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. Spread cream cheese mixture into crust. Sprinkle with
- Unroll remaining crescent dough; place over filling, sealing seams.
- Whisk egg white and brush over top. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool
- completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before
- serving. Yield: 16 servings.