I love cream cheese and blueberries so I tweaked one of my grandmother's recipes to come up with this danish. It's a quick and easy crowd-pleaser, especially for breakfast or brunch. —Nicole Wheeler, Millen, Georgia
Recommended: Our Best Coffee Cake Recipes Ever
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk until smooth.
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread cream cheese mixture into crust. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Unroll remaining crescent dough; place over filling, sealing seams. Whisk egg white and brush over top. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p217
Reviews for Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review