Blueberry Cornmeal Pudding
"when I want something that will satisfy my sweet tooth, I make this pleasing pudding topped with blueberry sauce," says field editor Lillian Julow, Gainesville, Florida. "Thanks to my microwave oven, it's a quick and easy dessert."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine blueberries and 1/4 cup
- sugar. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until sugar is
- dissolved, stirring once.
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, cornmeal, lemon
- peel and remaining sugar. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes
- or until thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla
- and salt. Pour into dessert dishes; cool slightly. Top with
- blueberry sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 482 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.