Blueberry Cornmeal Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine blueberries and 1/4 cup sugar. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring once.
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, cornmeal, lemon peel and remaining sugar. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and salt. Pour into dessert dishes; cool slightly. Top with blueberry sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Cornmeal Pudding
Sort By :
"Made it just as directed, and loved how easy it was! The blueberry syrup/sauce is spectacular and super easy."
"I have made this quite a few times now and I make the cornmeal mixture on the stove top. I just stir and cook till thick. doesn't take long at all...just keep stirring so it wont scorch. I add some fresh lemon juice to the cornmeal mix and lemon peel to the blueberry sauce. YUM!!"
"I just substitute Splenda for the sugar in the pudding and either use Splenda to sweeten the fruit I put on top, or omit it and use the fruit plain. Strawberries and blueberries are both lovely."
"The way I would make this healthier is by decreasing the sugar. I don't think 14 cup sugar is too much to use with 2 cups of milk. But why make a blueberry sauce (and use sugar) when plain blueberries sounds just as good (to me). As for baking it in the oven, I think the cornmeal will sink and you'll have this heavy layer on the bottom. But if you stirred it a few times at the beginning of the baking, maybe not. If baking in the oven I'd bake at 325Âº for 20-30 minutes (ovens vary, so watch). As for cooking on top of the stove, it will take as long as any 2 cups-milk pudding (think a mix) and this will depend on how high a heat you use. I'd guess at medium heat it will take you 20 minutes. I prefer making my pudding in the microwave since It never scorches or burns and I don't have to stir all the time. Is there a reason you want to avoid cooking in the microwave? Let us know how you did it, if you liked it, and will you make it again?"
"can i ask you if there is a healthier way to make this dessert? if by stove top, or oven do you know how long i could cook it? thankstim"