Blueberry Cornmeal Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine blueberries and 1/4 cup sugar. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring once.
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, cornmeal, lemon peel and remaining sugar. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and salt. Pour into dessert dishes; cool slightly. Top with blueberry sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Cornmeal Pudding
Sort By :
Made it just as directed, and loved how easy it was! The blueberry syrup/sauce is spectacular and super easy.
I have made this quite a few times now and I make the cornmeal mixture on the stove top. I just stir and cook till thick. doesn't take long at all...just keep stirring so it wont scorch. I add some fresh lemon juice to the cornmeal mix and lemon peel to the blueberry sauce. YUM!!
I just substitute Splenda for the sugar in the pudding and either use Splenda to sweeten the fruit I put on top, or omit it and use the fruit plain. Strawberries and blueberries are both lovely.
can i ask you if there is a healthier way to make this dessert? if by stove top, or oven do you know how long i could cook it? thanks