Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins
When our daughter Lisa was growing up, she was always eager to help me cook, especially sweets! When her father came in for a late brunch after working hard in the fields, she loved to have these made-from-scratch muffins waiting for him.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and
- salt. Add blueberries. Stir in milk and oil just until mixed. In a
- bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Fill
- greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400°
- for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.