- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg. Let stand for 15 minutes. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, beat 1/4 cup butter and confectioners' sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating just until combined. Pour over berry mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter over low heat. Remove from the heat; stir in the syrup. Brush over corn bread. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Cornmeal Cobbler in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p27
Reviews for Blueberry Cornmeal Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2009
"Is there any way to make this without using the butter and butermilk? I am allergic to dairy products."