Blueberry Corn Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray and use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
One muffin equals 146 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Blueberry Corn Muffins
"We like eating a sweet cornbread with chili, so I follow this recipe but leave out the berries. As a dessert muffin, I bake as is. Delicious."
"We made these for dinner - excellent. The best blueberry muffin I have ever had. The muffins turned out very moist and delicious. The recipe says 12 servings but there were only 3 remaining after dinner for my family of four!!! This one is a keeper!!!"