Blueberry Corn Muffins
Sweet blueberries really jazz up an ordinary box of corn muffin mix. They're perfect for on-the-go snacking or as an addition to any summer potluck.—Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix and brown sugar. Combine the
- egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold
- in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners. Fill half
- full with batter. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes
- before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 146 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.