"These tender corn muffins are bursting with blueberries," says Genevieve Fairchild of Chester, Iowa. "For a different fruity flavor, I sometimes substitute chopped apples for the berries."
Featured In: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray and use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Blueberry Corn Muffins in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p48
Reviews for Blueberry Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review