My husband is a fourth-grade teacher, and he incorporates monthly baking projects into the curriculum. His recipe for blueberry corn bread is a class favorite. —Jennifer Martin, Martinez, California
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups soy or 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-in. square baking pan.
- Whisk together first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Corn Bread in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Reviews for Blueberry Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review