Blueberry Colada Mini Loaves Recipe
What do you get when you combine a pina colada and quick bread? This delightfully different treat that mixes in plenty of blueberries, too. The recipe makes eight miniature loaves.—Brenda K. Bonn, Geneva, Illinois
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the pineapple, milk and lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into the creamed mixture. Fold in blueberries and coconut.
- 2. Transfer to eight greased 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 8 mini loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice equals 94 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC