What do you get when you combine a pina colada and quick bread? This delightfully different treat that mixes in plenty of blueberries, too. The recipe makes eight miniature loaves.—Brenda K. Bonn, Geneva, Illinois
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the pineapple, milk and lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into the creamed mixture. Fold in blueberries and coconut.
- Transfer to eight greased 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 8 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Blueberry Colada Mini Loaves in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p59
Reviews for Blueberry Colada Mini Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review