Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg, vanilla and milk; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spoon berries over batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover with remaining batter. For topping, combine flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 302 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Blueberry Coffee Cake
"There wasn't enough batter to separate and put into a 9 inch pan. I put all of the batter into an 8 in square pan. Put the blueberries on top and then the topping. It was okay but not very moist."
"Super good tasting, simple and easy to make!"
"Prepared for a group of ladies and they all commented on how good it was."