My sister-in-law made this coffee cake with the fresh blueberries we picked while our families were vacationing at her cottage one summer. I've used frozen berries at home with wonderful results. Each time I bake this treat, we're reminded of fun times.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake in Best of Country Breads 2000, p28
Reviews for Blueberry Coffee Cake with Streussel Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review