Blueberry Coffee Cake with Streussel Topping Recipe
My sister-in-law made this coffee cake with the fresh blueberries we picked while our families were vacationing at her cottage one summer. I've used frozen berries at home with wonderful results. Each time I bake this treat, we're reminded of fun times.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 344 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC