Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington assembles this convenient cake the night before she needs it. "Just pop it in the oven the next morning. Within minutes, you're enjoying its light texture and fruity taste," she reports.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, beat egg. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Stir in butter. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p47
Reviews for Blueberry Coffee Cake(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2011
This recipe was "not available in your country" - which is Canada. Better get that fixed!
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2010
Quick & easy to make! Bakes up light and is fabulous hot from the oven with a cup of coffee for a great breakfast!