I always make two of these pies at a time because my husband and five children devour them! It's so light and fluffy, and the Rice Krispie treat crust puts an extra playful spin on cloud pie. —Denise Heatwole, Waynesboro, Georgia
- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-2/3 cups fresh blueberries
- Additional fresh blueberries
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted. Stir in cereal. With greased hands, press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold berries and 3 cups whipped cream into gelatin mixture. Pour into crust. Refrigerate pie and remaining whipped cream for up to 4 hours. Garnish with reserved cream and additional blueberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Cloud Pie in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p30
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Cloud Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review