Blueberry-Citrus Mini Loaves Recipe
Moist and packed with flavor, these healthful treats hit the spot. With subtle orange and blueberry flavor and hearty whole wheat flour, this bread recipe offers a delectable way to get your family going in the morning! —Heidi Lindsey, Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk egg, orange juice, oil and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to two 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice equals 189 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry-Citrus Mini Loaves
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC