- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk or half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Prepare campfire or grill for low heat. Arrange bread slices on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24x18 in.). Bring foil up the sides, leaving the top open. Whisk eggs, milk, syrup and vanilla. Pour over bread; sprinkle with nuts and 1 cup blueberries. Fold edges over top, crimping to seal.
- Place on a grill grate over campfire or grill until egg is cooked through, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries; serve with additional maple syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry-Cinnamon Campfire Bread
"Made this for breakfast this a.m. and it is a keeper - easy and delicious"
"This recipe is a keeper. However, I used a greased 13x9x2" baking dish and used the egg mixture and bread slices in the prepared dish. I'd used 1-1/2 cups 2% milk with the eggs, syrup and vanilla and since I didn't have regular blueberries, I used a can of blueberry pie filling (21-oz.) for the dish. I'd topped the bread with half the filling, sprinkled the toasted nuts over the filling, then spread with remaining filling before I baked it at 350o F. for 45 minutes. I sampled a serving and it was REALLY a tasty dish! delowenstein"