Blueberry Chutney for Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1. For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, pour salad dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 3. Cool chutney to room temperature. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with chutney. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons chutney equals 344 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.