- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, pour salad dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Cool chutney to room temperature. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with chutney. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Chutney for Grilled Chicken in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Blueberry Chutney for Grilled Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review