Blueberry Chicken Salad
“This excellent combination goes together quickly in the morning to take for lunch or makes a nice light salad for a summer supper,” says Kari Caven from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- Set aside a few blueberries for topping salad. In a large bowl,
- combine chicken, celery, red pepper, green onions and remaining
- blueberries. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise and salt. Add
- to chicken mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve over lettuce. Top with
- reserved blueberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 277 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.