- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- GRAHAM CRACKER MIXTURE:
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- ICE CREAM:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter. Pat into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the ice cream ingredients. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Whisk before adding to ice cream freezer (mixture will have some lumps).
- Crumble the graham cracker mixture. In a large container, layer the ice cream, graham cracker mixture and blueberry sauce three times; swirl. Freeze. Yield: 2 quarts.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Sort By :
"Really really good. It's incredibly creamy. Next time I'll use about half the crumb mixture and will thicken the berry sauce with a little more cornstarch so it creates more of a ribbon through the ice cream instead of running all through it. I want to try it with raspberries instead of blueberries for a more intense fruit flavour."
"Incredibly creamy and delicious. I have received about as many compliments for this ice cream as any desert I have ever made."
"Delicious ice cream. Sometimes I just use 10% cream instead of the heavy whipping. Still turns out good and you save a few calories and some fat. I always use the vanilla pudding mix. Everyone loves this!"
"This was incredible!!! Really smooth creamy and velvety. My guests and I really enjoyed it. And for the record: if you haven't made the recipe please don't rate it. What you choose to feed your family is your business, what I choose to feed mine is NOT your business. I certainly do not need you to be my conscience for me, I'm quite capable of making my own adult decisions. Thank you!"
"This is the best ice cream I've ever made! I've made it with both strawberries and black raspberries. Both with extremely satisfying results. I did strain the sauce when I used the black raspberries. This is a keeper."