- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup maple syrup, warmed
- Additional blueberries, optional
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Spread topping over pancakes. Top with warm syrup; sprinkle with additional blueberries if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes (3/4 cup topping).
Reviews for Blueberry Cheesecake Flapjacks
Sort By :
"Just didn't think this was worth the effort. I cannot taste the graham cracker and the pancakes were very dense. The topping was disgusting with the heat of the pancakes melting it all over the place. I will not be making these again without some major modifications."
"These were just ok. In my opinion, it was a lot more work that they were worth. The graham cracker crumbs added no additional flavor, and I wasn't that impressed with the cheesecake topping although my housemates both loved it."
"Wonderful! Made these for Mother's day for my mom, sister, and sister-in-law and they loved them!"
"These pancakes to my family were just OK. My 4 year old son did not like them at all. My husband & I just were not that impressed. The batter is not very sweet, but I understand that because you have the blueberries, topping & syrup. It is just the the whipped/cream cheese topping wasn't that great. It sounds like it would be, but all together everything was just average. I would not make these again."
"There are not too many recipes I make twice, and this one will miss the cut. Good but too dense. The graham cracker makes it taste like whole wheat, might as well make whole wheat. I tried to make it look like the picture except for a serving size is three pancakes, which is what should be in the picture, and if you like hot pancakes (as most people do) the whipped cream cheese melts and the pancakes slide to the side. It isn't going to looks like that. But, the family ate them all gone."