- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts, flour and brown sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 1/3 cup for the filling. Press remaining nut mixture onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add lemon juice; beat just until blended. Stir in reserved nut mixture. Pour into crust.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a large saucepan, cook blueberries over medium heat until heated through. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool; cover and refrigerate until serving. Remove sides of springform pan. Spoon blueberry topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Cheese Torte in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p216
Reviews for Blueberry Cheese Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review