- surface; knead 4-5 times. Place in a large bowl; cover and
- refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in
- the egg yolk, lemon peel and vanilla. Turn dough onto a 17-in. x
- 13-in. piece of parchment paper. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in.
- rectangle. Transfer with paper to a baking sheet.
- Spread cream cheese mixture lengthwise in a 3-1/2-in.-wide strip down
- center of dough; sprinkle with blueberries. On each long side, cut
- 1-in.-wide strips about 3-3/4 in. into center. Fold alternating
- strips at an angle across berries. Pinch ends to seal and tuck
- under. Beat egg white and water; brush over dough.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a
- wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm pastry.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 slice) equals 260 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.