Blueberry Cake with Wojapi Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- WOJAPI SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in milk and vanilla. Place butter in a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Pour batter into pan (do not stir). Sprinkle with blueberries.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- 3. In a small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth; add blueberries. Cook and stir until over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Serve warm over cake with ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 323 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Blueberry Cake with Wojapi Sauce
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.