Blueberry Cake with Wojapi Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- WOJAPI SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in milk and vanilla. Place butter in a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Pour batter into pan (do not stir). Sprinkle with blueberries.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- 3. In a small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth; add blueberries. Cook and stir until over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Serve warm over cake with ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 323 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Blueberry Cake with Wojapi Sauce
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.