Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- BLUEBERRY SYRUP:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice; keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Gradually stir in buttermilk, yeast mixture and oil until smooth. In a small bowl, beat eggs and cream; stir into the batter.
- 3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Sprinkle each pancake with about 1 tablespoon blueberries. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with warm blueberry syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 516 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
"Batter was very thin. Will add more flour next time. Otherwise, great taste."