- BLUEBERRY SYRUP:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Gradually stir in buttermilk, yeast mixture and oil until smooth. In a small bowl, beat eggs and cream; stir into the batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Sprinkle each pancake with about 1 tablespoon blueberries. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with warm blueberry syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes in Country Woman May/June 2004, p29
Reviews for Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2009
"Batter was very thin. Will add more flour next time. Otherwise, great taste."