Blueberry Buckle with Streussel Topping Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine 2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix well. Toss berries in remaining flour; fold into batter (discard any flour that doesn't stick to berries). Spread batter in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. For topping, combine flour, sugars and cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 371 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Buckle with Streussel Topping
"FANTASTIC! Brought it to work today and had numerous compliments. I doubled the recipe and cooked it about 15 additional minutes. I'll definitely make this again and probably never make any other recipe again."
"Very good. It was a hit with the family. It was moist and not dry like other coffee cakes."
"Delicious! I served it with frozen blueberry yogurt!"
"Just made this tonight. My son told me about something like this so I thought I would give it a try. It came out so VERY moist. Just the right amount of blue berries and toppings. Will definitely make this again and might bring it to a party this weekend."
"Ever since this was published in the magazine, I have made it. It is by far the best buckle I have ever had or made. My family loves it and yours will too."
"My husband loves blueberries. I'll try this for our next family gathering!"