This recipe has been passed around among the women of my church for years. Everyone loves the abundance of blueberries and the streusel topping.—Anna Higbee, Absecon, New Jersey
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine 2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix well. Toss berries in remaining flour; fold into batter (discard any flour that doesn't stick to berries). Spread batter in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. For topping, combine flour, sugars and cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Buckle in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Buckle with Streussel Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review