- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter; add to dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking
- dish. Top with blueberries.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon;
- cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberries.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel;
- gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over low heat,
- stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon juice.
- Serve warm with buckle. Yield: 9 servings (1 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 402 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.