- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with blueberries.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberries.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel; gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon juice. Serve warm with buckle. Yield: 9 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Blueberry Buckle in Reminisce June/July 2008, p48
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Buckle with Lemon Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review