Blueberry Buckle with Cinnamon Topping Recipe
"Everybody in my family loves this blueberry buckle," reveals Jacqueline Traffas of Sharon, Kansas. "And it's so easy!"
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 248 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC