"Everybody in my family loves this blueberry buckle," reveals Jacqueline Traffas of Sharon, Kansas. "And it's so easy!"
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Buckle in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p29
Reviews for Blueberry Buckle with Cinnamon Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review