Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake
When you get tired of making pies and jams, this is an easy and fresh way to put those summer blueberries to use.—Taste of Home Cooking School
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, well drained
- For the topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small
- bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- For the batter, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Add
- flour mixture alternately with the milk, just until blended. Fold in
- blueberries. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. square baking
- pan. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near