Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake Recipe
When you get tired of making pies and jams, this is an easy and fresh way to put those summer blueberries to use.—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, well drained
- 1. For the topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- 2. For the batter, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with the milk, just until blended. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before gently removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"Picking blueberries at a farm in CT was always one of my favorite things to do with my two then young children. However, the fruit of our labor was well worth it when we'd enjoyed a Blueberry Buckle."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC