When you get tired of making pies and jams, this is an easy and fresh way to put those summer blueberries to use.—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, well drained
- For the topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- For the batter, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with the milk, just until blended. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before gently removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p11
Reviews for Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review