Blueberry Buckle Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Pour into greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Buckle(11)
Sort By :
Love the taste! Very easy to make and such a good dessert! One of the best blueberry recipes I have ever come across.
I liked everything about this recipe except I would definitely cut down on the sugar in the topping to 1/2 cup - I just felt it was a bit too sweet.
I doubled this recipe and put it in a 13 x 9" pan. This is by far the best buckle recipe I've ever tried! It is now my go-to during blueberry season. The top is super crunchy, and the cake light and delicious. Lots of compliments from my co-workers! My image stays strong--thanks Taste of home!!
made it many times, turn out great, every time.
We really enjoyed this! It's even great in the morning with coffee!